Thursday 28 November 2013

Thank Yourself for Being the Wonderful YOU

With Thanksgiving and the Holiday Season quickly approaching, we hear more and more about Gratitude.

You may want to start a GRADITUDE journal.  I struggled with this concept at first, there were nights I sat for 30 minutes and could not come up with one thing I was grateful for that day.  As I continued with the practice, over time it became natural habit.  I practice this with my children, it’s a great conversation started, “What is new and good with you today?” Now I have an abundance of things I am grateful for each day.

I started with a small notebook, each day I would sit down and write three things, outcomes, or opportunities I am grateful for today.  If it works for you, pick three categories.  Some examples are work / career, family, money, accomplishment, food or exercise choices; the list is endless.  If there is a particular area of your life where you are struggling, make that one of your topics.  Keep it simple, once you start, it’s amazing how your gratitude list expands.  I selected 3 topics, something about myself, something about my family, and wildcard.

Journal entry example:

1.    I am grateful I prepared a healthy dinner for my family and they enjoyed it.
2.    I am grateful my children played nicely at the park.
3.    I am grateful taking a nice nature walk with my friend and all the children.

If you are still struggling to find gratitude in a particular area of your life, you may need show yourself compassion and release resentment.

If you are struggling with Negative Self Talk, the focus of your Gratitude Journal could be YOU!  If you are feeling unappreciated and overlooked, start celebrating YOU!!!  When you sit down to write in your Gratitude Journal, write about all the WONDERFULNESS about you.  All Acts of Kindness you expressed, how you showed up today, made a positive difference in life.

More Information please visit site www.simpleabundantwellness.com

No comments:

Post a Comment